Thursday, January 19, 2012

Crochet Hearts for Valentine’s Day


crochet hearts for Valentine's Day

Back in December in the post titled “Last Christmas Ornament of the Year”, I shared a picture of a small crochet heart that I made. I didn’t have the pattern sketched back then, but I promised my readers to share it before Valentine’s Day.

I loved my little ornament even more in red (and I now contemplate trying it in pink). I used pearl cotton thread, and the heart came out about 3 inches tall and 2.75 inches wide.

crochet heart ornament

The finished heart itself was quite simple, but adding a ribbon made a lovely detail and helped shape the heart a bit.

The symbol chart I sketched is shown below. I gladly share it with anyone who would like to try crocheting this ornament. I want to cordially thank Kim from SymbolCrochet Yahoo group for testing my pattern and making valuable suggestions. Thank you, Kim!

crochet heart ornament symbol chart

I'm linking this post to

Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home,
Potpourri Friday @ 2805,
Home Sweet Home Friday @The Charm of Home,
Fibers on Friday @ Visions of Sugar Plums
Share Your Creations @ Kristen's Creations,
Link Your Stuff @ Annemarie's Crochet Blog.

Pin It

19 comments:

  1. I love the hearts. They are so beautiful. I am so happy that I can comment on one of your blogs. I was having trouble all week doing so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful Olga! Great job on the chart too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty, I have got to try some thread crochet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These hearts are beautiful! I think they will look gorgeous in pink! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hearts are very pretty but my brain doesn't seem to translate symbol patterns. If it did, then I would be able to figure out all the Japanese pattern books that are sold here in the one and only craft store around. Best wishes to you, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hearts are beautiful! I've seen and made crochet hearts before but I've never seen any quite like this. I found you through 2805. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my gosh! How pretty! I love your chart!
    I am not good at reading patterns, this is perfect.
    BTW thanks for joining my blog! I am going to follow you, too!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your lacy hearts are charming! Thank you for sharing this fabulous post to Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for all that you do for us!! I am not very good at writing my own patterns but I have tried a couple on my blog, Brenda's Bric-a-Brac.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Olga, your red hearts are so beautiful. I can not crochet but I buy crocheted table cloths, doilies and other beauties at estate sales for myself. You are so talented and I enjoy looking at your blog.
    sandi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Olga, I am also linking up at The Charm of Home link party and your picture caught my eye! I love these hearts!! You are very talented! I wish I knew how to crochet, but since I don't, I think I'll take a visit over to your Etsy store and pick up a few for my Valentine Decor!!
    I am your newest follower!
    I hope you have a wonderful day,
    Maria
    www.rustyhinge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all things that look like hearts and these are just beautiful Olga! I think I will make some to give to my girls who come to my house every Monday night for knit {and crochet} night as Valentine's Day gifts. Thanks for sharing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to thank you so much for sharing this beautiful pattern of the crocheted hearts, I'm going to try this pattern out for Valentine's Day. I love the lacy look to them and the ribbon really finishes them off perfectly!

    I hope that I will manage to follow the chart. I am out of practice as most patterns these days seem to be written ones!

    Keep up your good work. You have a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OLGA THE RED HEARTS ARE BEAUTIFUL. I CAN NOT FIGURE HOW TO START THEM IM NOT VERY GOOD AT READING THE DIRECTION. IM A CROCHETER BY LOOKING MOSTLY. CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO DO THIS PLEASE. THANK YOU JANICE @ MZ WITHERSPOONS @ SPOONWITHER.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just now noticed your comment.
      You start the heart with a ring of chain 5. Then chain 3 and dc 5 in the ring. Turn.

      Delete
  16. These are so cute and love the ribbon added

    ReplyDelete